Recently, I have been seeing advertisements in the US from Eaglemoss about their 1:8 scale NISSAN GT-R Nismo (R35) partwork. This partwork was only available in Japan for the longest time, so I feel I had share the big news that we may see it appear in the United States!
Nismo is short for NISsan MOtorsport International Co., Ltd. and this is a replica model of the 2013 special version of the GT-R that Nismo introduced at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show as the fastest volume production vehicle around the Nürburgring Nordschleife. While much of this model would be the same as what I built here at this site, there are some notable differences. Here are a few of the changes that I can see:
- The Body is painted pearl-white, with black hood vents
- The Wheels are black RAYS five-spokes with colored Nismo logo
- The Side Mirrors are carbon-fiber with a red stripe
- There is a lot of carbon-fiber looking lower body aerodynamic pieces (front splitter, side skirts, rear valance, rear racing spoiler)
- Nismo logos on the upper Front Grille and Rear Bumper
- Red accents inside the lower Front Grille ducts
- The headlights are different
- The seats are different (Recaro with red accents)
- The upgraded engine has some different colors
- Unlike mine, this one appears to have engine and horn sounds controlled by the remote
I did notice something new for Eaglemoss: This model is being offered as a FULL KIT and not a multi-year subscription (you would receive all of the model parts at once). Of course, that means we would have to shell out $1200 USD in a single payment. But, for some builders this is a very welcome option!
Currently, Eaglemoss is collecting names and emails to gauge interest in building this Nismo GT-R model (and likely see how willing US consumers are to buy costly Full Kits). I will say that if I had the choice back in 2019 I would have much rather built this version of the GT-R. If you would like to see this partwork become available in the United States, head over to the Eaglemoss NISSAN GT-R Nismo site and sign up!