This Eaglemoss 1:8 scale Nissan GT-R (R35) partwork build-up model can be purchased in two ways. In many countries, it was available for purchase directly at local newsagents. But, here in the US and a few other countries, it is only available by signing up for a monthly subscription service online at sites like Eaglemoss US. Therefore, everything here is based on the subscription version.
Over the span of about two years, Eaglemoss delivers 130 ‘packs’ that include a few parts of the model along with magazine ‘issues’ containing build instructions, images, and information about the Nissan GT-R. These are monthly deliveries, and after the introductory shipment of the first two packs, they are shipped in groups of four packs and one issue about every four weeks.
The subscription is perpetual and automatically charges your credit card every month when the issue ships. If necessary, however, the subscription can be suspended or cancelled at any time. This subscription version includes some FREE gifts along the way, which I will include below.
I created this site to share my own build progress and hopefully offer hints and tips I discovered along the way. It is not intended to be a step-by-step replacement for the instructions, so please read the magazines carefully! Lastly, most of the parts appear to be very detailed, so I may only be painting a few things to be more accurate.
Below are links to the articles for my build:
- Getting Started – If you are new to the model, begin here!
- Issue 01
- Free Gift #1 – Toolkit
- Issue 02
- Free Gift #2 – Collector’s Binder
- Issue 03
- Issue 04
- Issue 05
- Pack 15 – Engine: Rear Exhaust Sections/Tips
- Pack 16 – Engine: Air Conditioning Hoses, Soft Pipes, Power Steering Pump/Cover, Intake Pipes, Dipstick
- Pack 17 – Engine: Hoses, Tower Bar, Side Hoses, Manifold, Air Filter Boxes, Covers
- Pack 18 – Body: Rear Diffuser Panel/Vent, Rear Fog Light, Rear Gearbox Oil Cover, Exhaust Trims
- Issue 06
- Issue 07
- Free Gift #3 – Specification Stand
- Free Gift #4 – Display Base
- Issue 08
- Issue 09
- Issue 10
- Issue 11
- Issue 12
- Issue 13
- Issue 14
- Issue 15
- Pack 55 – Interior: Multifunction Display Panel, Dashboard Controls/Buttons, Instrument Cover, Power Outlet Button
- Pack 56 – Interior: Steering Wheel/Shaft, Paddle Shift, Steering Column Trim, Dashboard Panel
- Pack 57 – Interior: Steering Wheel Center Cap, Steering Console, Rear Speakers
- Pack 58 – Interior: Rear Left Side Panel, Front Seat Belt/Clip, Left Seat Belt Holder/Pins
- Issue 16
- Pack 59 – Interior: Rear Right Side Panel, Front Seat Belt/Clip, Right Seat Belt Holder/Pins
- Pack 60 – Frame: Motherboard (PCB)/Gaskets/Insulating Paper, Brake Pedal Switch/Base
- Pack 61 – Frame: Key Controller, Interior Light Switch, LEDs for Headlights/Interior Light/Brake Lights
- Pack 62 – Body: Car Trunk/Board
- Issue 17
- Issue 18
- Issue 19
- Issue 20
- Issue 21
Here, it took almost 10 months to receive the next parts of this build. It was either an availability issue or a redesign of the doors – I heard both reasons.
- Issue 22
- Issue 23
- Issue 24
- Issue 25
- Issue 26
With Pack 100 finished, your GT-R car model should be complete. However, there is a subscription extension of 30 additional packs that make up a separate build of this amazing 1:5 scale cutaway replica of the Nissan GT-R (R-35) VR38DETT V6 engine!
In the Eaglemoss inventory system (and what you see on subscription shipping notifications), these packs are listed by the part numbers NISUK100C to NISUK131C. However, my actual Engine parts are labelled 1 through 31. For example, my Engine pack labelled ’18’ has a barcode on it showing part number NISUK117C (or Pack 117). Therefore, they are off by one number which confuses everyone.
This is likely because Eaglemoss began offering this engine build as a separate ‘Special Edition’ product at some point and these parts were repackaged to match. They also converted the previously printed issues for these packs into a new digital PDF format with only minor changes. To help reduce confusion between the two designations, I will list both of them here.
- Engine Packs 1-2
- Engine Packs 3-6
- Engine Packs 7-10
- Engine Packs 11-14
- Pack 110/Engine 11 – Rear Camshaft Covers, Rocker Covers, Connectors, Seal Caps
- Pack 111/Engine 12 – Left Turbo Impeller, Left Compressor Impeller/Housing, Left Turbine/Housing/Case
- Pack 112/Engine 13 – Differential/Back Plate, Flanges/Seals, Shaft Sleeve
- Pack 113/Engine 14 – Flywheel, Ring Gear/Back Plate, Right Supports, Oil Filter
- Engine Packs 15-18
- Pack 114/Engine 15 – Right Turbo Wheel/Compressor Housing, Right Turbine/Compressor Case/Valve, Seal Caps
- Pack 115/Engine 16 – Right Exhaust Manifold Cover, Inlet Pipes, Lower Oil Pipes, Seal Caps, Oil Filter Base
- Pack 116/Engine 17 – Spark Plugs/Covers, Right Compressor Trachea, Oil Filling Port
- Pack 117/Engine 18 – Thermostat, Hot Water Manifold/Pipe, Seal Caps
- Engine Packs 19-22
- Engine Packs 23-26
- Engine Packs 27-31